Do you ever experience a phrase, song, or idea that keeps going around in your head?
I know the song replaying is called an earworm. Wikipedia adds that, sometimes known as a brainworm, sticky music, or stuck song syndrome, it is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing.
Not sure about the phrase or idea replaying. I'd call it a broken record, but in this day of CDs, many people wouldn't get the reference. Then again, I've heard that vinyl is making a comeback.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, I was eating chocolate in bed and a few bits ended up on the sheets, unnoticed by me until laundry day. Into my mind pops the words "Those brown stains on my sheets are chocolate." I laugh out loud, which my brain must love, because it keeps repeating those words. Again and again. Finally, I give in, thus the title. Maybe I will be left in peace now.
And while I'm on the subject, a number of other observations have popped up and demanded out.
Here they are, in full glory, some quirky and not so quirky observations of these last 30 blog-writing days.
- Those brown stains on my sheets really were chocolate. Really.
- When I woke up this morning and saw snow, I thought to myself, "Finally. Summer is REALLY over!"
- I can't figure out why the font size arbitrarily changes in spite of its setting. And I'm ok with that.
- It is not necessary to have sheets on my bed to sleep well if I'm tired enough. The mattress and duvet are quite nice on their own.
- I easily entertain myself: for example I made a meme of Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry saying "Go ahead punk. Make my meme." Every time I think of it I giggle. I'm giggling now.
- Mailchimp, my email subscriber software, has a cheeky user interface that I always fall for when I send out an email.
I DO revel in my moment of glory, and I ALWAYS return the chimp's high five. Helloooo... it's computer software!
I don't care! It never fails, and I always smile.
- I upgraded my iPad to the iPad Pro JUST so I could have the Apple Pen. Merry Christmas to me!
- Microsoft OneNote rocks. The anal retentive creative's dream app for online organizing.
- Writing the blog is the easy part. Adding photos and publishing and posting and sharing etc are the bits that take time. I actually have a checklist (reference previous observation) to ensure I've completed all the steps.
- I love mandalas and swirls so much, they're showing up outside my house.
- HuffPost Contributor Platform pooped out before I did. Note to self: figure out what's up with that.
- This challenge has actually been a great experience... and it wore me out! Lots of staying up past my bedtime. I was so exhausted one night I found myself typing my email address and ending it with .coma. I'm serious, this is true.
How do you entertain yourself? Better still, what is the quirkiest phrase/idea that keeps going around in your head? I really want you to share in the comments below, because I know I'm not the only one with experiences like this.
Here's to successfully accomplishing my goal of 30 blogs in 30 days. Woo hoo!
I'd open some champagne to celebrate... except that I just want to crawl into bed.
With my mattress and duvet.